 Marketplace / Auctions / 3745
  updates from auczilla?

How often is Auczilla supposed to send "updates"? I've posted several bids, in several different batches at several different times (both this morning and this afternoon), and I still haven't gotten a single update. Thanks. Franklin Franklin W. Cain (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) From the FAQ (URL): Q: I sent in a whole bunch of bids an hour ago, but I haven't received a response yet. Do you know if they made it there? A: Yes, your bids made it here [most likely]. Some auction systems process e-mail bids instantly upon (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) Serves me right for typing from memory. The CORRECT URL is: (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) Ironically, I've posted no bids and gotten an update... :D eric (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) In your case, Eric, it was sending you an update because you received a retro-bonus credit for overpayment in the previous auction. (Check the summary near the bottom.) --Todd (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) Lemme check the outgoing email logs... OK, looks like 5 updates have been sent to you so far. However, it also looks like yahoo.com is refusing to accept them for some reason. Here's a snippet of one message that appeared in my inbox: (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) [heavy sigh] . . . Thanks, Todd. [aside] I wonder how I could email a tactical thermonuclear "Nasty-Gram" to Yahoo Mail?... [/aside] (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) dd if=/dev/random bs=8192 count=100000000 | mail postmaster@yahoo.com KL (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: updates from auczilla?

(...) Not sure, but rather than worry about that, I'd ponder the old adage - you get what you pay for. :) I use plenty of free e-mail services. I expect almost nothing from them, though. Most of the time I'm not disappointed. (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)