 Marketplace / Auctions / 3703
Re: eBay feedback to become transactional only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:20:42 GMT

Scott-A wrote:

The 60 days works against international auctions. Items shipping via surface
mail may take for than this to get to me.

This is the part that really sucks. There are many legitimate reasons
for a deal to take more than 60 days to close (seller has received
money, buyer has received item, had an opportunity to inspect it, and
seek recourse if the item doesn't meet the expectations set by the item
description and any clarification by e-mail).

I would almost consider as a buyer, giving negative feedback if there is
any reason (other than international sale, or significant delay on my
part) for the transaction to be concluded. If the seller has delayed
shipping, or there is a problem with the item requiring return or
whatever, the seller is a poor seller if they can't complete a domestic
transaction in that time.

If eBay and its sellers don't like this, policy needs to be changed.

The 60 day rule already applied to claiming fee refunds for sales which have not
transpired.

I would feel justified in claiming a fee refund if I didn't receive
payment within 60 days, no matter what the reason. If eBay wants to not
allow that, then they need to change their policies.

What I would like to see eBay do is allow either the seller or the buyer
to put a flag on a transaction which would keep it open longer. This
would allow eBay to not have to keep completed transactions longer than
60 days, but would allow either party to say: "Hey wait a minute,
something is holding up this transaction and I can't give feedback yet."
This should only happen in a few cases. eBay should also track these
holds, and investigate if a given seller or buyer is involved in too
many, at least if either party requests an investigation.

Frank

Scott A

Tony Jang wrote:

James Beerman <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message

When does this begin?  I am currently in a situation where I might need to
leave neutral or negative feedback.  The auction is now a month old.

Check this situation out!  Here's my story...
Last year, my first sale on eBay, the bidder doesn't respond after a few
days.  I wait.  I then find his backup email and send off a note there.  He
responds saying he's having email problems and he'll send out the money
right away.  I wait.  Weeks turn to months and after little more than 2
months I try to give the _loser_ negative feedback.  I find out all I can
give him is "neutral".  I haven't forgotten you "drazzil"

TJ

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com