 Marketplace / Auctions / 3688
Re: eBay feedback to become transactional only
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:47:07 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Frank Filz writes:
eBay feedback is about to become transaction related only. If there is
someone you feel is a good trader, go put in a positive comment for them
now, or you will have to wait until you win an auction with them.

This is bad, because you will not be able to leave feedback for sellers
who do the right thing even when you lose (I gave one seller positive
feedback for their handling of a situation when they discovered a set
was incomplete after bidding was well under way, and of course I gave
Larry positive feedback when he solicited it. I have also given a few
other people positive feedback for good situations). Another problem,
unless they change how long they keep old auctions, you will be forced
to leave negative feedback when a transaction is not going well, since
you won't even be able to later leave neutral feedback.

Add this to the long list of ways that eBay favors sellers..

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

When does this begin?  I am currently in a situation where I might need to
leave neutral or negative feedback.  The auction is now a month old.

Jimmy