 Marketplace / Auctions / 3559
3558  |  3560
Subject:
Considering parting out 2 4561s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 02:17:46 GMT

I am considering purchasing two 4561 Railway Expresses. I have no interest
whatsoever in the train parts, so I would be either selling or auctioning all
of the parts except for a few of the town-related parts. (To be honest, all I
want are the windows, corrugated bricks, and the trans-red 1x1 bricks.)

So this message is more an effort to gauge interest.

I am mainly concerned about getting "stuck" with the train parts such as the
track, speed regulator, wheelsets, motor, ramp, wagon plates, etc.

I am considering the following:

1) Selling the parts straight sale at roughly 80% of the S@H price.
IE, the track would be around $1 per piece, regulator would be $36, etc.

2) Auctioning the parts at a starting bid of 50% the cost of the the S@H prices
of the same pieces.

The main issues for me (not being a trainhead) is that I have no idea whether
additional speed regulators are even useful. I can understand why one would
want more track, couplers, and motors. At what price point would one consider
buying an extra speed regulator? (A fair price, not a "I'd buy one for $5
answer").

In terms of selling or auctioning pieces, would you rather see them grouped
into large lots, ie 16 curved rail pieces, or smaller lots such as 4, 2 or even
one. Or would you prefer a mixture?

Alternatively, is there anyone who has purchased a 4561 who would be willing to
sell me just the windows for 25-50 cents each?

Thanks for your feedback.

-Michael
<http://www.baylu