 Marketplace / Auctions / 3128
3127  |  3129
Subject:
BEWARE of John DiRienzo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:50:26 GMT

To the members of the LUGNET News Group

My name is Morten Løvåsen. I am an 34 year old Lego enthusiast from Norway. I
have been collecting Legos for many years but last spring I run into serious
problems and I want to publish this tragic story:

Among the members of the Lugnet News Group you will find a guy - John
DiRienzo. I got in touch with him the very first time at eBay. In may 1999 he
run an auction for a MISB 4031 Fire Rescue Boat. I was the high-bidder, and
the winning bid was in the amount of USD 105. We communicated by email, and we
worked out a trading deal. I offered him 20 lego sets of the 1029 Tine Milk
Truck - a Lego promotion set from the Norwegain diary Tine. The value was USD
450 including shipping to the US. John DiRienzo commited to send me the 4031
Fire Rescue Boat (USD 105), a MISB 6481 Light & Sound Construction Crew (USD
45) and USD 300 cash.

We agreed to ship the sets simultaniously, and the money (an international
check) should be sent seperatly to Norway. I did my part of the deal, and sent
the lego sets the 26th of june 1999. I still have the receipt from the post
office. The last time I heard from John DiRienzo was a mail dated 27th of july
1999, and he promised to send the two lego sets and pay the USD 300.  I have
sent a dozen of mails in the period of july to september, but haven`t got any
feedback from him yet.

In october 1999 I sent him a letter telling that my patient has ended. I told
him I would post a negative feedback on eBay. I also told him I intended to
publish this tragic story on Lugnet - where we both are members. So I did.

I have bought a lot of my lego sets from US collectors because there is no
second hand Lego market in Norway. But I feel this painstacking case has
decreased me enthusiasm for lego to a minimum. I thought the community of Lego
collectors were serious but I was wrong.

I also got numerous feedback on eBay if some of you want to confirm my
reliability. My user ID on eBay is Kristiansand. I also have been a supplier
for Matt Chiles from time to time.

Take a closer look at John DiRienzo`s home page at
(http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm), and you will discover he offers
the Lego Tine Milk Trucks for the amount of USD 50. Those lego sets were a
part of our trading deal  and it is painful to see his announcements for the
unpaid Lego sets.

Last week I planned to give him a negative feedback on eBay, but his profile
showed SUSPENDED ! (In which cases do eBay suspend members ?)

Here is some general information about my "opponent":

John DiRienzo
36 Vershire Court
Saint Louis, MO 63135
USA

Email address: ig88888888@aol.com
and ig88888888@stlnet.com

User ID on eBay: ig88888888

I would appreciate any kind of help bringing my money and legos back to Norway.

This message also has been posted to Lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

Thanks for reading this

Morten Løvåsen