 Marketplace / Auctions / 2995
  this is another strange auction

(followups to lugnet.market.auction) This auction: (URL) - 240 Pounds..." contains a picture of a Lego setup that I believe was recently posted (as a URL) here on Lugnet. But the photograph has been adjusted to appear painting- like. It's a very (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: this is another strange auction

This, I think, is a relisted lot. I recognize that photo, contemplated bidding and passed. Either that or this seller nicked the photo. Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com (URL) - - Web Application Integration! (URL) Lugnet(tm): (URL) ref: lar, 1/2 $$ (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) It is. After a little searching, this turned up: (URL) previous listing had the opening price at $3000 with a reserve set. Something tells me that starting at $500 isn't going to sell this lot any quicker The photo in the above link looks the (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

Ben, and Larry , thanks to both of you for checking that out for me - I never thought to check eBay for it. Kudos to both of you....(and time in dolt-dom for me, I guess) Though, if it's really 240 pounds, at $500 that's a bargain. I might have to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) Boy, is it just me, or is bidding $500+ on an auction being run by someone with absolutely no feedback at all a little risky? Will (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) legit. (...) I would insist on using an escrow service. Otherwise, I'd not complete the auction and take the negative FB. I think - with an ID at 54 and one at 75 - that I could afford one :-) Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

(...) I'd go with "yes". In a similar situation I had someone local (Thank you SPROAT!!!) go by with the money (1) and complete the deal for me. That's the power of our community, we have resources the average eBay buyer doesn't! Note that you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: this is another strange auction

Hey, the sets are in LA, you are in NoCal, so you could insist on paying for them in person and picking them up ;-) Visit LLC while you're down there ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)