 Marketplace / Auctions / 1383
  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

Interesting. Except I'd rather not void an otherwise valid-bid. And I don't care if newcomer enters late in the game. They just have to be able to hold the bid for the X minutes required before I close the auction. Basically, I think the auction (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) What if bidding is perking along at a rate just short of lasting long enough to close down, and you run off the end of the time period? Whoever has it then wins. Back to where you were before. Snipers still can win. (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

What is so bad about sniping? I don't think I have ever done it, but I'm not sure I completely understand it. Is it like driving in the left lane that you know is going to be closed in a half mile but you drive that lane anyway and dodge in at the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) Yes, but worse. But we digress. (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

Whoa, hold on there, pardner! I don't know if I'd equate the two! You could just shoot someone who drives like that;-) As far as sniping goes, I have come in late on occasion and put in last minute bids but the difference was that, sometimes, the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) This is a problem in my idea, but I don't think it would actually come into play in real life. I'm assuming X is relatively short, like 5-10 minutes. But even if it is relatively long, like 1-2 hours, I wouldn't expect that bidders could keep (...) (25 years ago, 27-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?

(...) I'm sure that'll do wonders for trust. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 29-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)