 Marketplace / Auctions / 1328
  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) unable (...) as (...) to (...) I don't know if eBay spends ANY time policing their system. I am sure they do, but its not evident. The feedback thing seems to be the main thing thats used. And if you fail to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) You can't eliminate Firm Bids, PERIOD. If I wanted a firm bid of X in an auction that didn't allow them, I'd bid a Proxy of X-minincr and X. That's a waste of bidder's time, is it not? I personally use Ebay (and of course at least half of the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) If you dislike the feature that much, then you shouldn't support the feature. But it is a very good feature nonetheless, because it helps your bidders accomplish what they want to accomplish. (...) You won't make anything less harmful for (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?

(...) Yes. Should you be bidding in auctions if you haven't organized your life sufficiently to have bought insurance? No, you shouldn't. If you do anyway, and have to welsh because you didn't think things through, you deserve a black mark. Else (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

I like the idea of lugnet.market.auction.d (discussion) since most of the people must be looking for auctions in this particular group. Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) People like options. Right. But people, myself included, can hear of some (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction)