 Marketplace / Auctions / 113
Re: spam from Andreas Stabno
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:53:01 GMT

Chris Moseley writes:
So, anyone else get spammed by this guy recently?

Yes.

I got an unsolicited
auction announcement emailed to me. Very annoying.

Is it annoying to receive one notice about an auction from a person who
suspects you might be interested? I did that recently to get my This 'N' That
auction started. I collected lists of names from other auctions I was
participating in.

When other people do that to me, I find it to be helpful, not annoying. I don't
get to watch RTL as solidly as I'd like lately. Now, if they deluged me with
updates even though I did not mail them asking to be on the update list I would
be annoyed by that.

Perhaps we need a buy-sell-FAQ?

Todd has one, do you have more stuff you want to see in it?

-Lar