 Marketplace / Appraisal / 85
Re: Guarded Inn ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 19:28:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Michael Pratt writes:
Is this the set with the red walls ?

Yes.

I have the plans and some but not all the parts
I do have the tavern sign though.
What are my chances of getting two red walls with
black timbers to complete the set ?

I would say very slim.  This is the only set to have the red walls, and is one
of the more valued sets out there, rarely going for less than $100, regardless
of condition, and a sealed one would (at a guess) easily go for several
hundred.

You could probably (I have no idea if you're interested) sell the sign for a
decent chunk of cash as well, since it is another part unique to this set, and
tends to be one of missing/broken parts much more often than other of the rare
parts for this.  I'd certainly be interested, and willingly pay $20 for the
sign.  Others may well be willing to pay more.

I could swap for white walls with bricks .....

These are more common than the red walls w/ half-timbering, and probably less
valuable.  I'm not sure how much though - they're from Pirate sets IIRC.

My gut feeling is that anyone with the red walls who has an inclining of what
they belong to is much more likely to try and reconstruct the set than sell
the walls, but it never hurts to ask, I guess.

HTH,

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.

[x-fut market.appraisal]