 Marketplace / Appraisal / 61
Re: Wild West Minifigs and Brown Log Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:20:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Alan Gerber wrote:

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Troy Cefaratti writes:
That, I think, rules out "looking for logs at a low price", which properly
belongs in buy.sell.trade. I think it also rules out soliciting interest • in a
set that you're thinking about buying based on parts value or interest. • But I
could be wrong.

My purpose for making the post was not to solicit bids, and I apologize if
it came out that way.
I think he was talking to John.

There certainly is a fine line here. I think Troy's original post was
reasonably ok. On the other hand, this post:

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=3046

is something I still would have put in .buy-sell-trade because I was
explicitly looking for offers to buy (my cross post to .auction was
probably not the most appropriate, but I was considering the possibility
of auctioning off parts which had very high interest).

There are going to result in some offers to buy here, but they should be
informative (i.e. the several people including myself who have said "I'd
pay X for that item" is pretty close to an offer to buy, but is also
indicating a clear value).

Follow-ups to lugnet.admin.general

--
Frank Filz