 Marketplace / Appraisal / 28
Re: 5542 Black Thunder (no doors no windows)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:20:03 GMT

In reference to your question about what doors and windows are worth...
My response would have to be "Whatever someone is willing to pay for them." I
know that is probably not the answer you wanted to hear, so I have a better
one in just a minute.
What I don't think enough people understand is that something is only worth
what someone else is going to give them for it. You might believe a train
doors is worth $10 because someone was willing to pay that several months ago.
But as the supply increase and demands are satisfied the price will drop. The
only way to get an accurate appraisal of worth is to have a serious offer in
your inbox.
   With that said the current value of train doors and windows can be found
here: http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=2066 . In my opinion
these are two offers by two trustworthy individuals. Once Larry's and Mike's
train part needs are satisfied <tough to type that with a straight face> then
the worth will be what the next person has to offer. In this case I would
assume it is $1 since that is what you would offer. (But I'll give a $1.50.
<grin>)

-Nick

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Scott Arthur writes:

Yes, this set does appear to have too many doors, and not enough windows. I
think $20 is a decent price for what is left.

My question is this : What are train doors and windows really worth? I saw a
post earlier this week which said they are worth more than castle walls - I
value these at >$1 per pop.

Any thoughts?

Scott A