 Local / United States / Washington / 51
Re: SEALUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wa
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:05:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Mark Sandlin writes:
Greetings everyone!

It's time for me to announce SEALUG, the:

SEattle Area Lego User Goup

Whoohoo!!

<snip>

4) What if I want to come from out of town? - There are several
inexpensive hotels nearby. I would be happy to host someone, but I have
a very small house with a futon and no guest room, so the atmosphere
would be a bit "open" with the doggies running about, of course. ^_^

If there is a need from someone to stay a night, it could work out to where my
place has an opening.. just let me know.

SEALUG Issues to think about:

The following are only thoughts from my own head, and all are up for
discussion/debate at the interest meeting.

1) Age Limit -

I think the Age Limit with waver makes sense and is a good CYA.

2) Dues - I would love to have a website. The domain "sealug.org" has
been reserved, but no webspace has been purchased at this time. I can't
really afford to do this alone. If enough people are interested, it would
only require a small donation/dues in order to raise enough money to set
one up.

I would be interested in seeing the domain furthered along into a website.
Donations or dues would be ok with me.

If we were to require some small amount per year of
membership, then we could afford to provide other services or
activities/tshirts/whatever.

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you there!

~Mark

Thanks for setting this up!