 Local / United States / Vermont / 106
Re: NELUG general purpose bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, David Eaton writes:
Well, there was quick mention of this at the NELUG meeting on Monday, but I
don't think too many people heard... I'm currently offering my assistance
someone who used to work for S@H-- and she's got a huge number of bricks she
wants to get rid of that she bought back when she was working for TLC... Among
the things she wants to get rid of are loose Lego bags... (they're not • complete
sets, just random bags) The majority of them are from Res-Q sets and Freestyle
sets, with some Divers, Technic, and other random things here and there thrown
in as well.

Anyway, someone (It was either Todd or Suz I think) had the idea that perhaps
NELUG as a group might want to buy these pieces and have them as general use
bricks (for the inevitable brickwars game, to have something to play with at
meetings, maybe for spare parts for contributing members, etc, etc) but they'd
be NELUG's bricks... I'm not sure how much exactly we'd need to buy them (a
couple hundred, I'm guessing [I've seen them rather quickly once... a rough
bag/piece/pound count might be in order to get a better guess])... But before
we even get that far, would anyone else be interested in the idea?

Definitly interested yes but I think we need a more definitive idea of what we
are getting before we shell out $200 for the parts.  We should also decide who
is going to be "Keeper of the Bricks" before we do this so we don't end up
getting the bricks and then not having a home for them.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/