 Organizations / United States / 265
Re: NELUG general purpose bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:28:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Kingsley writes:
You can count on me for some.  Probably not $50 but something.  I actually
would much rather do this where 20 people gave $10 instead of 4 people giving
$50.  That way it really seems like more of a community thing.  (Of course
that is using your $200 example).  Besides we are really starting to get Big
in terms of members now so I think 1. A community LEGO pool is a good idea and
2. I think the "community" should buy the bricks and not one or two members.
http://www.nelug.org/

Yep, I'm definitly with you on both 1 and 2... (I'd MUCH rather pay $10 than
$50 :) ), but if we can only get, say, 16 of us to pay $10, I'd be more than
happy to put in $50 to make it happen... I didn't want to imply that only 4 of
us or something would be splitting the cost... (actually, I probably shouldn't
even have started quoting figures, my bad) But if we have a sufficient amount
of people interested, I'd be willing to put in more than my share (partly
thanks to the fact that I've been dealing with her already)

DaveE