 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 9
Re: Interest in NELTC or other Lego Group. (NELUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 14:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Chris Phillips writes:

Snip

I was thinking this too.  If there were enough groups nationwide, we could do
some really cool cooperative stuff.  Imagine a "Lego Bowl" where the regional
LUGs face off in building competitions.  Or a massive get-together to build • the
world's largest Lego train system.  Or just a fun-build and model show.  Or
perhaps we could even bargain collectively for group discounts on Lego
products.

We can only hope it gets that big!!!  Heres Hoping!

We just couldn't call the nationwide association of user's groups "LUGNET",
since I think that's been taken already...  (Maybe we'd call it USLUG,
pronounced "you slug!")

Anyway, crawl first, walk later.  Please respond to this message thread if you
are a resident of (or frequent visitor to) New England and if you would be
interested in joining a regional user's group.  This will only work if we can
get enough interested people together.

When responding, please include your general geographic location so we can get
a feel for the distribution of the group.  For example, I live in southeast
Massachusetts with easy access to Boston, Worcester, and the Cape.

I Live just North of Boston in Melrose so I have easy access to most of Eastern
Mass out to Worcester, Southern New Hampsire, and Southern Maine.  That being
said I would be willing to travel further for the sake of getting a group
started.

- Chris.

p.s.  I tried to add "lugnet.loc.us.vt" to the list of newsgroups (still part
of NE, no?) but the web interface wouldn't let me type that many chars into • the
"Newsgroups" field.

I had the same problem adding Vermont.

But everyone is welcome!  (Hey, even if someone wanted to
drive up from Arizona for meetings, they'd be welcome in my book!)

Definitely

Eric