 Local / United States / Rhode Island / 7
Re: Interest in NELTC or other Lego Group. (NELUG?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 12:40:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Matthew Miller writes:
Eric Kingsley <star_wars_lego@yahoo.jawaspam.com> wrote:
Anyway lets see what kind of interest is out there and then
we will see how we can organize it.

I'd be interested, but I can't promise much devotion. And my contributions
might be mostly Mindstorms related. :)

I have been thinking for awhile now that we really need to establish a general
NELUG (New England Lego User's Group, for those of you who are acronym-
impaired) to include Lego fans of all persuasions.  I personally am a robot-
head, but I'm sure that there are a lot of other folks in the area who could
benefit from a local user group with meetings in meatspace.  This group would
be loosely modeled after BAYLUG.

This all sounds good to me.  I think we would have more luck the more general
it was.  Although I have interest in getting into Trains I am also into Star
Wars and would like to get into robots in the future.

I hope that we have critical mass in the region to make such a venture work.
Is there any interest in doing this?

If you have any interest please make a post.  At this time this is more of a
brainstorming discussion so it would be nice to hear what others have to say.

After all, why should the 'Friscos have all the fun?

Definitly,  Heck maybe if enough of these ???lug groups got started who knows
where this group networking could go.  Plus for those like me that travel alot
the more groups accross the U.S. the more options I'd have for a break while
traveling on business.

Eric