 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Pittsburgh / 58
Re: Target & Wal-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:14:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.pit, Toki Barron writes:
It is pretty much impossible to avoid traffic around here.

  Sadly, you're right, and I guess we're stuck with it.  I'm delighted to hear
that they're considering the construction of a sub-river trolley to carry
people to the hugely expensive stadiums we're building for the two losingest
teams in their respective sports, even though the town is 1.5 bil. in debt and
the existing trolley system is six years overdue for its regularly scheduled
maintenance!
  One last thing that bothers me, and then I'll lay off the rant, is that
every morning on the news they report traffic conditions, and every morning
they show an approximately identical picture of the motionless Parkway East.
Is this news?  Is anyone surprised by it, since it happens *every* morning?
Why even bother mentioning it?!

     Dave!