 Local / United States / Pennsylvania / Philadelphia / Harrisburg / 119
Re: Lego at Home show??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 02:17:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, Jim Foulds writes:
I heard a blurb about it this morning on the radio.  Does anyone have any
more info?  I found the website for the show and it says that it is
sponsored by Countrywide Home Loans.  I checked the Lego site, but couldn't
find anything about it.

Link:
http://www.ycba.org/events.php

From the Home Show insert in the Sunday paper:

"Does your child enjoy creating a work-of-art with LEGO building bricks?  If
the answer is yes, call the York County Builders Association (767-2444 ext
15) to pre-register for the 4th annual LEGO Competition at the Spring Home
Show Saturday March 22 at 2 pm.
Registration is FREE with the competition sponsored by Countrywide Home
Loans. Two competitions will be held -- twenty children ages nine and under;
and twenty children ages ten thru twelve.
Fourteen prizes will be awarded to projects judged by voluteer YCBA members
with a "Best of Show" in each category.  All participants will receive a
shirt provided by Countrywide Home Loans and a souvenir bag of items donated
by YCBA members and area businesses.  Children are given forty-five minutes
to "build a home" using LEGO bricks provided by YCBA.
Visit the Lobby area of the Show Saturday March 22 to see the creative works
of York's future builders and enjoy the displays by area businesses by
entering Memorial Hall -- admission just $5/person (or clip and use the
$2-off coupon provided in this supplement)."

-Rob.