 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 401
Re: livening things up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 13:39:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes: • <snip>
The tractor was the first thing I've created in quite some time.  Lately • I've
not been as interested in more than putting a few peices together in
interesting orientations.

The tractor is neat.

<snip>

Cruising town for decent Lego selections, particularly with KMart's 20% • off
Star Wars sale this week.  Gahanna store on Hamilton Road, lousy, I didn't • see
anything.  Bethel Road store, next to MicroCenter, good selection of 2002 • sets,
I didn't pay alot of attention for previous years' sets.  They had 7153
stickered at $39.99, it rang up at $39.98, which is 20% off MSRP of ~50.

7194 is a bit tempting, for parts, I'm not all that interested in Star • Wars as
Star Wars, but interesting parts - sadly not often in more than the • smallest
quanity.

I haven't seen any great prices, or even a great selection of sets • anywhere.

I have been browsing on occasion over the last (maybe) 6 weeks.  I too have
found very little that grabbed my attention.  Although I would buy a
Blockade Runner in a heartbeat if 25% off or better 8-)   The only sale
prices that I found were at KB Toys at Easton (to my surprise)... they had
the Destroyer droid, Battle droid and the Pit droid all about 40-50% off
MSRP.  I already have a few of each (the destroyer droid has some good parts
for robotics) so I didn't buy any.

Do we want to try and plan a gathering soon?

I came out of my dark ages about a year ago... I am interested in meeting
others in the area.  So I will be sure to watch for further information.

// Joe