 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 400
Re: livening things up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 20:29:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Jacob Hopkins writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes:

Thanks for livening things up. I have some pic's I need to take of some
projects but I just haven't done a lot this spring.

The tractor was the first thing I've created in quite some time.  Lately I've
not been as interested in more than putting a few peices together in
interesting orientations.

I hope to find the time and inclination to create more sizable creations.

I know the feeling.. my last building spree was in January. A rather
ill-fated attempt (my first) at a mecha... darn thing is top heavy and I'm
way too burned out to try and remedy that...

SO.... what else is up?

Cruising town for decent Lego selections, particularly with KMart's 20% off
Star Wars sale this week.  Gahanna store on Hamilton Road, lousy, I didn't see
anything.  Bethel Road store, next to MicroCenter, good selection of 2002 sets,
I didn't pay alot of attention for previous years' sets.  They had 7153
stickered at $39.99, it rang up at $39.98, which is 20% off MSRP of ~50.

7194 is a bit tempting, for parts, I'm not all that interested in Star Wars as
Star Wars, but interesting parts - sadly not often in more than the smallest
quanity.

I haven't seen any great prices, or even a great selection of sets anywhere.

I haven't even been shopping for LEGO in... I have no idea when the last
time I really "looked" was.. at least a month, now.. and that wasn't with
the intention of buying, just to look at what sets were out. I'm half
tempted to get the Spiderman sets and I'm waiting on the Monster Studio sets
really. Just want to look at them and see if they're as promising as
pictures indicate... I really don't want more any of the SW sets other than
the small sets so I might snag some of them.. I'd love about a dozen of the
ewok "half feet" though for making dwarves, or whatnot... :)

Do we want to try and plan a gathering soon?

Sure.

Anyone have ideas where? What weekends of a given month work best?

Joel J