 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 367
Re: hmmm.... next gathering, and alternative meeting locations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes:
Well.... it's Oct 12... anyone interested in trying to plan for our next
gathering? :)

I called the Hilliard library -- it's on Cemetary road about 1-2miles north
of Michael's house (and about 2 miles west of 270).

Here is what I found out:

2 rooms:

Small - 8 people max
Large - 75 people max  - this is probably the one we'd need to have some
space to grow and to display MOC's and just plain have breathing room. :)

- No fees involved with getting the rooms.
- We can book the rooms up to 4 months in advance.
- Rooms can only be booked 1 time per month per group (not really a big deal).

Hours:

Monday-Thursday till 9pm
Friday-Saturday till 6pm
Sunday 1-5pm - this is probably the best day she said, as they don't tend to
be too busy but book as soon as possible to ensure availability. It also is
easiest for me, too, due to my work schedule. ;)

- It is acceptable to stay after hours - should we wish to run later, as the
doors are in the entry lobby and do not require entry to the main library
itself. If we stay after hours, the person that signs the room out for use
must be "last one out" and verify all bodies are gone and all doors securely
lock behind them.

- There are kitchen facilities - sink, 'fridge, microwave, but no utensils
or cups. They need to be informed if we wish to use the kitchen area. Only
restrictions on food/drink -- no red colored drink - punch, soda's etc for
stain reasons. Food and drink cannot be taken into the library proper, either.

For October, Sunday the 14th and Sunday the 28th are both available 1-5pm.

Probably due to it being the weekend of the 14th, we probably would want to
try for the 28th.

Anyone game? My wife and I should be able to make it no problem.

Since we need to book it soon(like today/tomorrow probably) to ensure
availability, please respond ASAP. :)

You're welcome to email me at home if you like(1), so I can get a head
count. If we don't get enough people we might be able to go with the smaller
of the two rooms but I'd rather not.

Looking forward to gathering (whereever) and hoping it's soon,

Joel J
(1) arslaan@columbus.rr.com

Given enough advanced warning, I might be able to make a roadtrip down to
Columbus to meet with a few other Ohio Lugnuts.  I might be able to gather
up a few more folks from this area to convoy or carpool down as well.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com