 Local / United States / Ohio / 494
Re: Random thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:20:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes:

<snipped>

That's not a bad idea.  Though rather than making it a seperate group(if
such you were envisioning to begin with), perhaps it would be good to keep
it as part of the main goings on here in Cols?

It doesn't have to be a seperate group; but at the same time, I wouldn't
want our meetings to be just about trains either, to the exclusion of
people who just like LEGO.  If we do a display project, I hope everyone
would participate, even if they don't have train sets.  Maybe a collection
of MOC organized in a structured fashion...

Random thought:  Remember West World from the 70's?  It would be nice to do a
display for the train to travel between themed worlds...

I'd just hate to see things start to get moving only to then split into a
bunch of smaller gatherings, etc.  Especially before we get off the ground
with the next few meetings. I know we've had gatherings in the past but this
is the most activity in this group since late winter/early spring.

Agreed.

One of my other random thoughts that I didn't include in my previous
post is, at work they allow employees to rent out a rec-room for a nomincal
cost.  The room is big enough for 100 people, there is a small kitchen
connected to it (I think), & they're willing to set up tables and chairs
as needed.  I'm thinking that if we start having semi-monthly meetings, it
might be nice to hold meetings at the same place.  It doesn't have to be at
this rec-room, maybe somewhere convient to get to, doesn't charge a lot
to use, & big enough to let us meet.

I've talked to another Columbus LEGO person (not on Carolyn's list) about
using a room in his old church... the only problem with it was we had
to schedual meetings around weddings & church meetings.

A random thought spun off yours (this could get dangerous if we keep going
<G>):

How many of us have trains (and how many?) to begin with?
Me: 1 - 4565, no extra track or additional cars.

Me: 1 - 4565

And a few other odd-n-end train related sets...

--Mike.