 Local / United States / Ohio / 483
Re: back in cow-lumbus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:03:36 GMT

I think the last get-together was back in February of this
year... I couldn't attend because I got married the day
before.  ;)

Yikes... am I just blanking or have I not met you before, Michael?
Congratulations on the marrying thing. That's certainly a big enough
deal to be excused from attending a get together. :)

Probably not.  I was really active on LUGNET up until Dec. '99;
then I stopped -- I still read groups, but don't actually post
much -- I was less in LEGO mode & more in courting mode, if you
catch my drift.  ;)  I just did Brickbay  & met up with a few LEGO
people through Brickbay; back when the MLS/LEGO soccer bus
came to town.

Now that my wife and I have settled into somewhat of a 'normal'
life, I can start unpacking my LEGO collection.   We've bought
a house in Hilliard & I hope -- over the course of the next
year -- to convert part of the basement as a LEGO room.  But I'm
no where close, at this point.  I've been thinking about making
some of the train tables, but haven't found the time to start
on them.  After that, I need to clean, sort & become more
organized, so I can start on some of my project ideas.

I'm wondering if we should try for a get-together some time
in August, now that July is almost over with.  Any day after
the 5th is good with me -- personally, I vote for the 18th or
19th; my wife is off that weekend.  I'd be willing to offer
to hold it at my house if anyone is interested...

The end of August would be better for me as well. As I mentioned
to David, Sundays are best for me. Anything after the 12th will
probably work fine.  The 19th sounds good off hand, though I'll
need to check with my wife. ;)

I'm thinking Sunday will be better to do for us as well.  My
wife will be out of town that Saturday, but back in town
Sunday.

I'm thinking maybe the theme of the meeting should be trades.
Everyone could brings sets, parts, instructions, catalogs,
magazines, etc., anything they have for trade to the meeting
and have a big swap meet.

I'm not too keen on trading parts but I could probably sort out
my instructions and old catalogues for any duplicates. I might
have some spare Castle weapons I could part with, too. I'll have
to dig around and see what I can come up with.

I can/will bring various MOC's I've done over the last year if
anyone is interested in seeing them up close. I haven't had the
chance to show them to anyone in person, so have been holding
off on tearing them down for a while now. They're mostly spacecraft
and/or military style creations.

At this point, I'm not very organized for trades as well, but
I thought I just throw it out as an option.  I do have some
unopened sets that I'm willing to trade & and some older catalogs.
Instructions are a little iffy; the ones I have to trade are all
newer.

I don't have too many MOC at this point.  But what I might be able
to instead is dig out the BURP tub & most of my foliage parts, throw
them onto the the dining room table & see what we can come up with
by the end of the day...  Let me do some thinking, I might be able to
come up with an activity or two.

Okay, anyone interested in meeting on Sunday, August 19th, let me
know if you're coming.  I will provide directions to our place a
week before the event (via e-mail privately).  Also let me know
what themes that you have interest in.

--Mike.