 Local / United States / Ohio / 390
Re: LEGO, August 15th Battle Write-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:03:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Drew Lawrence writes:

Um.  I didn't think we had a consensus.  I thought we were still going back
and forth between LEGOhio and BLOC.

Eh?! I thought we had already decided on LEGOhio?!
  We seem to have a group supporting each name.  Personally, I favor BLOC.
Sometime back I posted a proposal for a pair of names.  Buckeye LEGO Owner's
Club and Brikwar's Legions, Ohio Chapter.

  The idea was that the former would be the overall name and the latter would
refer to the BrikWars specific activities/group.

  The biggest problem with LEGOhio is the possible trademark issue.  BLOC
doesn't use the LEGO name as a sub-part of the acronym and follows proper trade
dress in the expanded form.

  Thoughts?

         Later,
          Gino A...