 Local / United States / Ohio / 257
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:10:29 GMT

mjr22@cornell.edu (Mike Rayhawk) wrote in <Fsx8pI.29v@lugnet.com>:
Well, the real point is, even if it took forever to wipe them out,
Luke could hang around forever to do it, because CaveMen could never
throw their rocks and spears and clubs high enough to hit the X
-Wing.  Whether or not they have any chance of surviving could be
debated one way or the other; whether they have any chances of ever
winning or even doing any significant damage is not even an
argument.  Even if Luke got low on fuel, he would just fly off to
the nearest SpaceGasStation and return later to mop up.
  That is my point.  The CaveMen would scurry about to new hiding
places while he's gone.  Neither can really win this battle.  You add a
SpaceGasStation, I add another 100,000 CaveMen throughout the hills.
That campaign is a stalemate as well.  That's truely even forces.

  If you let me field a really large force of CaveMen, you won't take
them out with an X-Wing, or even a couple.  Now, the main point I was
trying to make was that this scenario can't possibly be fun for either
of us to play.  Now, put a handful of your SpaceMen in my jungle with
only there handweapons and maybe some really small/simple vehicles.
Give me a couple dozen foresters with bows.  With no major vehicles or
buildings, either.  Now we can have a fun battle.  You blast the tree
out from under my TreeHouse, I rain arrows on your position.  Lots of
mayhem potential.

  Or let me raid you small outpost with an army of little CaveMen.
Whoops, we're getting back to the EndorMoon supplement.  :-)  BTW, that
battle was a perfect example of a fun cross-TL battle.

[hit points and red pips]
  This sounds familar from the posts about NELUGs battle.