 Local / United States / Ohio / 255
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
The point is.  Each hit takes out one or two cavemen.  There are
still hundres or thousands scattered through the hills.  It would take

Well, the real point is, even if it took forever to wipe them out, Luke could
hang around forever to do it, because CaveMen could never throw their rocks
and spears and clubs high enough to hit the X-Wing.  Whether or not they have
any chance of surviving could be debated one way or the other; whether they
have any chances of ever winning or even doing any significant damage is not
even an argument.  Even if Luke got low on fuel, he would just fly off to the
nearest SpaceGasStation and return later to mop up.

I have a real love-hate relationship with LEGO dragons.  The look
cool.  They exist (a big plus itself).  But they are about the size of
a hatchling.  One good Smaug or Strabo would make a fun army to play.
Although, I'd like to spend 5CP on some repairs before I field Smaug.

hahaha

If you're fielding one really powerful creature, like a Dragon, an Archmage, a
SuperHero, etc., you'll want to keep track of his HitPoints instead of doing
Armor Value as usual, because is just isn't right for huge armies to do no
damage to it for turns and turns and then take it out with one shot.  I don't
think the HitPoints rules made it into the text though, we didn't add them
until we were doing the html revision, they're an optional rule in section
1.3.  Here's a quote from the text:

(begin quote)
Optional Rule: HitPoints
Some players feel that the Armor system is unrealistic, and want to use a
system of HitPoints instead.  To those players we say, phooey on you!  Trying
to keep track of the HitPoints of dozens of different minifigs and vehicles
(not to mention buildings, trees, wildlife, rocks, etc.) is a ridiculous
endeavor, and if you're that hung up on realism you shouldn't be playing
BrikWars in the first place.

However, some players who try to run BrikWars role-playing adventures may
prefer to keep track of Characters' hitpoints while handling NPCs' Armor in
the standard fashion.  If so, this is how you do it.

Every Character for whom you will be keeping track of HitPoints should be
placed on a stand.  Behind the Character, on the stand, build a stack of red
Pips equal to twice the number of points in the Character's Armor rating.  If
there are dice in the Character's AV, you will need to convert them to points
first (0.3.3: Some Notes About Points and Pips).  If the Character is struck
by an attack, remove one red Pip for every point of Damage it takes, and
scatter the Pips around the Character as if they were blood.

When a Character's HitPoints have been reduced to half their original number,
it is Stunned (3.3.6: Getting Stunned).  If its HitPoints have been reduced to
precisely zero, it is Unconscious.  If it takes enough damage to reduce its
HitPoints below zero, it is Extremely Unfortunate.  ("Dead," that is.)  Stun
damage is counted as normal damage for a Character with HitPoints.  If a Medik
spends an entire turn treating a wounded Character, he can heal 1d10 HitPoints
per turn.
(end quote)

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm