 Local / United States / Ohio / 250
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:04:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Drew Lawrence writes:
Here is a loophole in the Vehicle system.... To get a treaded vehicle's cost,
you calculate out the area of the chassis, divide that by ten, and then add
the class number. My Small Mech has a chassis area of 16. Divided by 10, it
comes out to be 1.6, which, when rounded, is 2 CP. Then add the Class Number,
and the entire mech costs 4 cp. (No weapons or pilots added yet.. all in all,
however, it costs about 30 CP.)

Actually, we used a different statistic for Mech's because of that "loophole"
because it didn't seem very fair (hopefully Mike will forgive us, unless of
course he was the one to suggest it... I don't know-- it wasn't my idea)... We
essentailly modified that rule to measure the area of the largest plane
contained within the "chassis". Hence, for a mech, you would measure the
rectangular area in width times height, rather than width times length. But in
general, the vehicle itself IS pretty cheap without weapons, turrets, etc.
Although I will say, just for fun's sake, I calculated my AT-AT's value... • that
got expensive :) I think it came out to about 80pts for the chassis alone, and
altogether something like 220 points (with the 3 pilots)!

Clarify that for me. Do you do < width x height > of the chassis, or of the
entire mech?

And what is the height? What are we using as "1" height? A brik? a plate?

LegoMasterLuke