 Local / United States / Ohio / 237
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 05:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
can see what worked.  I think I'm going to try to field a similar sized army
to everyones, but add one or more defended buildings, more or less, for free.
That should even it out fairly well.

That's probably the best plan.  I'm starting to feel that the whole point
ratio thing will never be a perfect fit; no amount of CaveMan troops would
ever be able to defeat an X-Wing for instance, no matter how many extra points
you gave the CaveMen.  You almost have to forget about point costs and make
guesses based on the scenario.

simpler if any given force can only field one type of shield.  But it
wouldn't be that hard to come up with a way to note it.  Maybe a 'shield
generator' bit that signifies which kind of shield is being generated.  That
would also allow "target there shields, Mr. Worf" sort of tactics.

That's the plan for the SpaceFleet Battles supplement, every major subsystem
of each ship will have to be represented in the model somehow.  We haven't
worked out most of the details, for right now when we want to play that kind
of game we just go for Paul Gyugyi's Renegade Bricks.

I'm thinking that it wouldn't be hard to write a little java app(let) that
allowed someone to enter there army in and would handle costing.

We're planning on doing something like that on the web site - we're working on
javascript to put in the Robotic Vehicles supplement that will do the vehicle
cost calculations.  We might end up doing something like that for other
sections (like Buildings maybe).

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm