 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 52
Re: Time to get acquainted...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 07:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Kevin Salm writes:
Greetings, all.  I will add my profile info here, too.  Only you will have
to click the URL's to read it:

http://www.lugnet.com/people/?n=24
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=242
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kdsalm/

One thing to add:
I would be willing to host a Lego get-together at my home (my parents home
actually).  I had wanted to do this in the month of May, but it looks like
it will have to be in  June or even July.  I have to build some cool stuff
first.

I would be open to this...I am interviewing for new jobs, often without much
notice...but I would be interested...

Things to do might include:
- bring some models or pictures of models

I am divided amongst projects right now...all i various stages of
development...none really finished...but I do have one 2 foot 10 pound model
I am proud of.

I also have my own Sony Mavica, which takes very good Lego pics...a possible
solution for those who don't have one...Webtv also gives me 5 small webpages
to post pics on, an alternative for those of you that don't have time...

Here are some example pics of my current project as well as a small story...

http://community.webtv.net/johnNYblaze44/johnNYblazeswebpage

- share ideas for new building ideas and even demonstrate using my bricks or
yours

I have a couple 18 gallon totes of "sampe material" = )

- trade away parts you do not want for those you do -- definitely a top
priority for me, so start gathering up your unwanted pieces.

I don't know if I have any "unwanted" pieces, but I do have alot of stuff I
won't use immediately or is too expensive to keep.

In fact, to make this work even more efficiently, we could all exchange our
want lists before the event and do a mass group trade.  I think this could
be a lot of fun and could result in some pretty heated trade arguments (no
fist fights, please).

I'm a friendly trader...lol
I sell lego to pay the bills currently, but I always keep some "reserve
stock for a rainy day"

- peruse my vast collection of Lego catalogs and set boxes (the back-of-box
building ideas can be great for this)

Sadly almostall my boxes are in Buffalo, but I do enjoy seeing some of the
istructions and and boxes I don't have.

- perhaps end by taking a short road trip to my local TRU (they have a lot
of older stock that busier TRU's don't have)

hmmm...that's iteresting...TRUs here are frequently understocked w/
virtually no "treasures".

- plan for a future Lego get-together.

Probably a good idea...

If this sound like a good idea, I will post more details about my location
(including road maps and estimated travel times) at a later time.  Let me
know what you think.

Your ideas merit discussion...I have a comparatively small apartment, but my
complex now has a new community room which can be reserved for tenants
events...tere is a large screen, computer, and home theater system along
with a few good size tables...I live 2 miles from exit 39 off of the
Thruway...about 10 minutes from Carousel Mall and Great Northern Mall...

we are getting some interesting responses, Syracuse, Utica, Oswego,
Ithaca....talk about geographic spread...lol

I mention this as an alternate site...I have recently discovered a Rochester
area AFOL specializing in Pirate creations ...he may be interested also = )

                        John