 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 64
Re: Time to get acquainted...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 20:26:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Alan Demlow writes:
I'd be up for such a get-together; John's place in Syracuse sounds like the
most logical (central) place to meet.

My models don't last very long, and become part of train layouts eventually, • I
guess, so there's an entropy towards train models, I'm afraid.  I'd love to • see
other models, ideas, etc., however.

I could bring a few original models, or perhaps my 12V setup (it isn't that
big, just track and trains).

In fact, to make this work even more efficiently, we could all exchange our
want lists before the event and do a mass group trade.  I think this could
be a lot of fun and could result in some pretty heated trade arguments (no
fist fights, please).

I think exchanging want lists beforehand would be a great idea--and it
definitely could leave us more time for friendly haggling! ;)

Agreed - any locally owned toy stores?  If not, any set trades?

There's a toy store in the mall at Dewitt that's had some older stock (not • real
old, but they did have a couple of older things at Christmas).

If you're talking "small World" at Shoppingtown, no, they have
Overpriced junk.  Basically time losers, Robo force and some
UFO.
Junk to me at least, but my bean is western, so...
-John Rudy
Alan