 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 24
Re: Going to Toyful weekend at the Fairgrounds?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 15:06:42 GMT

Ed McGlynn wrote in message ...
Any reports on this?

Did not get there myself.  Due to lack of money mostly, and time.  Would be
interesting to know if any Lego was featured at all either as display or for
sale.

The day that non-Lego enthusiasts begin to buy Lego for its collectibility
is a day I dread.  There is enough competition for Lego among us true
enthusiasts that if collectors really get into the game, even more of the
fun of Lego will be eliminated.  I have what I call a Lego collection, but I
do not consider Lego items collectibles--not in the traditional sense of
collectibles, anyway.  Lego bricks are meant to be played with and built
with, not collected simply to collect them.
Simply my opinions, though.  I know there are others here at Lugnet that
have different views than this.

    Kevin Salm
    ....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....