 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 212
Re: Ithaca Area Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:48:31 GMT

A few updates:

IN ITHACA
-- Cat's Pajama's in Dewitt Mall -- few Lego items at all, if any

None left.  When I started collecting in 1997, I bought a 6285 Black Seas
Barracuda and 2 6271 Imperial Flagships there--pretty old stock at the time.
They've since stopped selling Lego.

ROAD TRIP (South)
Target and Kohl's in Vestal also have Lego, and Target especially is
recommended.  Target can be a great place for clearance finds, of course, but I
think you'll be competing with Kenneth Drumm of Binghamton.  Kohl's seems to
mark some of their stuff up over MRSP but I've gotten stuff on sale there now
and then.  One of the greatest Lego sources in Vestal seems to have gone out of
business.  There used to be a hobby shop in the area with a big trough of used
Lego you could sort through and buy by the piece, but I think they've gone
belly up.  Did I ever drag some nice parts out of there...

TRU also has a location in Horseheads.  There used to be an Alphabet Soup in
Corning which I believe has also gone out of business--at least I couldn't find
it last time I looked for it.  I also managed to get some relatively old stock
there a few years back.

ROAD TRIP (North)
There is also a Zany Brainy in the Carousel Mall now.  I haven't been there,
but I think they occasionally have nice clearance deals (for example, some
people recently scored Technic Space Shuttles for $75 there).

An unfortunate fact about Upstate Lego shopping (at least in Ithaca):  the
stuff is almost never deep-clearanced.  It's too popular here, apparently.
Dedicated garage-saling can turn up some nice stuff, though.

Alan