 Local / United States / North Carolina / Charlotte / 44
Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:15:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, James Trobaugh writes:
Well let me welcome you on down to the sunny south, take a good look at that
Boston snow before you leave since you won't see much of that around these
parts.

Things to know:
-All sodas are called Coke (this is a must if you enter Atlanta, GA)

Unless you are from certain parts of Alabama where RC Cola was once deriguer[1]

-you put both ice and sugar in your tea

Its called sweet-tea. Anyone asking for unsweetened tea is looked at curiously,
almost as tho you could be a yankee sabatour.

-add "y'all" to your spell checker

along with possum, coon, and dawgs.

-grits are good for you, and so are black eyed peas

as are greens (both kinds), although I will never get a taste for fried pork
rinds <lol>

-and learn to smile....alot :)

If you spend any amount of time in the country/rural sectors, learn the one-
finger wave. This is done with the steering hand as a friendly gesture, as
opposed to the one-finger salute usually reserved for bad drivers in large metro
areas.

As for having LEGO people in SC, you've got some pretty good company there
just need to organize a bit. But you're more than welcome to do what a lot
of other Carolinian's do and come down and join us in the NGLTC for your
LEGO fix, and of course we have DixieLUG too.

Welcome to Dixie and enjoy the hospitality.

Sit a spell, rest your feet, enjoy the real southern hospitality.

jt

------
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

[1] 'Alabama breakfast' [n], usually an RC-Cola and a Moon-Pie.