 Local / United States / South Carolina / Columbia / 11
Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:13:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey "Y'all" (did I say that right?)

for the singular, All Y'All is plural.

After 30(ish) years of living in/around Boston, I'm now headed South
(yes, that's with a capital 'S'!)  to be with a certain "special
someone." [fluttering eyes and staring-off dreamily..] Migration to
his turf lands me in Columbia, SC.

So! any tips for surviving the likely-to-ensue culture shock are welcome.

Work on softening the Boston accent if you have one (definite survival
skill).  Also, you must decide whether you are a USC fan or a Clemson fan.
There is no riding the fence on this one.  If you'll be living in and around
Columbia, USC is a safer bet.

-Rob.
(25 years Boston, 3 years SC, the rest is PA)