Subject:
A good time was had by all (I think)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 06:19:17 GMT

I've got to say that Thomas Main has the classiest way of getting LEGO
you are buying from him for bargain prices to you. Thomas drove all the
way from Boone to Cary to deliver a nice little pile of LEGO. Of course
he had the ulterior motive of documenting the extent of my collection so
he could plead a case with his wife for more room for his own collection
(of course she was aware of that motive, and called to check up on us).

Cary Clark dropped by for a while also (and in the end, basically traded
LEGO with Thomas, having brought a stack of Droid Fighters and going
home with 3 Sith Infiltrators and a McDonalds Restaurant).

Thomas also brought his box of minifigs, from which I picked out a few
Islanders, a red soldier, some Yellow Castle helmets with visors, a
bunch of shields, and a few other goodies. He also brought a big box of
Fabuland (which I proceeded to point out that a few of the parts were
actually Playmobile... or some other non-LEGO part). The good news for
Sheree is that there's plenty for both of us. We might have to take a
trip out to Boone sometime though to try and liberate some of the pieces
which might have been in the lot that Thomas got these from, but that he
didn't put in the box of Fabuland... It looks like there's a mix of
parts from the 3681 and 3683 Amusement Parks. I'm not sure if I'll take
the Ferris Wheel (hmm, you know, I could start a LEGO collection of
items representing inventions/creations of fellow RPI alumni, of course
it would be interesting how to make a LEGO representation of something
non-physical like SMTP, but a model of the Brooklyn Bridge would be
fun). I'll definitely take the mery-go-round. I may take some of the
wall pieces also. I was bummed out that with all the scooters in the
lot, there weren't any saddle bags.

We finally decided at about 8:00 that maybe we'd better wrap up. We went
out for Chinese and then Thomas hit the road to go home.

Hopefully Thomas will post his pictures (I'm not very good at getting
pictures of events like this, I just get too wrapped up in the event).

Frank