Re: Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:36:05 GMT

Hi Frank,
Just wanted to let you know that my NLS, Jackie and I were the couple that
played Colin and Wanda's ship for the first part of the pirate game.  I
collect, and brought two small buildings of mine for the Castle area.  :-)
Thanks for running the game, we both enjoyed it immensely.  My wife never
played that type of game before, but she got the hang of it over time.  My
wife is a great deal more outgoing than I am, which could be part of the
reason that I married her... :-)  I look forward to playing again, although
I'll have to 'borrow' a ship and crew from someone again, as I only came out
of my dark age last summer, and I own no Pirate stuff... <sigh>

-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.us.nc@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.general@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.org.us.wamalug@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.fun.gaming@lugnet.com>;
<lugnet.pirates@lugnet.com>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 7:31 PM
Subject: Brickfest

<snip>
I also only got out three merchant ships. Captain Scar (played by Shiri
Dori) tried to capture the first ship, but was handicapped by a wind
direction favorable to the merchant and her starting position and she
never caught up with it. Lindsay managed to capture the 2nd ship. Two
players (Chris Weeks and Jeff Stembel I think) cooperated at the end to
capture the third ship. A pair of people (at least one of which was an
AFOL spouse, I didn't quite catch if they were a couple, or both spouses
of other AFOLs) played captain Wanda and first mate Colin. They had good
success at shooting skeletons (killing three on the first turn of
personal combat), and their ship eventually shared the plunder of
skeleton isle with Jeff Stembel's ship.
<snip>