 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / 192
Re: Big Lots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:23:05 GMT

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:15:12 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, Jamie Dunn writes:
There is a great thrift store around the corner on Winnetka (sp?), it is
called Unique Thrift store, a small chain of sorts.  I have visited that
Kmart also many times.
I didn't know though we had a Big Lots.  I saw those in Florida on my last
trip.  Where exactly are the Big Lots located? (I am in Eden Prairie).

Do they still have Tuesday Morning in EP?  There was one on Shady Oak Road
when I lived there.  THAT was a Great place to get new LEGO cheap when they
sometime had it!  Ah, I miss the January LEGO clearance sales at Target.  :-(

--Todd
The Big Lots are new, the one in New Hope (its in the same building
where the K-Mart is) has only been open a short while and the other I
know about is in White Bear Lake next to that K-Mart has been open 2
weeks.
I don't know about a Tuesday Morning in EP but there is one in
Plymouth in WaterFord Plaza (its the first light west on 169 on 55,
right around where the driving range used to be, probably on the east
side of where the driving range was, its next to the Rainbow Foods
Store there).
Speaking on Tuesday Morning they are having a seasonal event starting
Sept 28 according the sign on the window I went past the other day.
I haven't seen great prices on LEGO there but don't get there often
and probably get there when its picked over with the dregs.
I have never been in that Unique Thrift store, is it like a GoodWill
or Value Village?

I resisted the urge to hit K-Mart as I knew I had missed the sale on
LEGO last week and I had other things on my mind.
Overall I liked the Big Lots and will return there, their selection is
a bit different from what I normally see and they seem to have decent
prices..... (that was in general, their LEGO selection was nil ATM in
New Hope)

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!