 Local / United States / Michigan / 90
Re: Chicago Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 02:39:27 GMT

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote in
<4.2.0.58.19990929155932.009a1550@pop.osiriscomm.com>:

A little interest has been sparked within GMLUG about having a Chicago
Legofest in the near future.  I'm in favor of the idea, cause I don't
have to travel very far to get there :)  What I'd like to get a feeling
of is when people would be interested in holding it, and what would
people like to do there.  I'm working on a location, but its dependent
on the date to some extent.  Also, we will probably have to pay a few
hundred dollars' rent for its use for a day (I'm thinkin an all day
Saturday thing).  The use of this facility (a beautiful semi-circle
carpeted atrium, windows all around and a vaulted ceiling) is not a done
deal, its under consideration from the school's business manager.  The
place is in West Chicago, about 35 miles west of the city.

Please let me know if you are interested in having a fest here in
Chicago, and what timeframe would work the best for yall.  And if you
have ideas for other locations, please put them up for consideration.

-Tim <><

Tim, how many people does it look like so far, and roughly when?

I might be able to help find a spot, but depends on the number
of people we'd have and how much space we'd need.

I couldn't do this before Thanksgiving due to my pretty awful travel
schedule.

  -r'm