 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 706
Re: Fall Legofest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 02:44:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shiri Dori writes:
Sounds great to me.
Now, Ryan, just checking... you're under 18, correct?... In which case,
neither you or I could come to the fest if it's organized by NELUG, and I'm
guessing that means Chris won't be there either.

That is correct. 16 1/2 to be exact. :)  That is why this is not an official
NELUG event, but a general Lego fest which is being held in the NELUG area.
Tim is going to talk to NELUG about setting things up. Having it being
a "NELUG event" would defeat the whole purpose which is to have a fest when
Chris is there at which I am able to attend.

I think Saturday, the 28th, would be ideal. Probably afternoon-ish?

Depending on how things work out this is most likely when it will be. 28th for
sure possibly all day if there is enough interest.

I'm not quite sure which places are best. I've never been to the NELUG
meetings, but IIRC they sometimes use a room in BU? Or (if less people) a
booth in Bison County? That would be good because of TCS; but how many people
would that hold?
It would be helpful if someone could give me some pointers as to what places
are used. If anyone who "knows the ropes" is willing to help organize this,
that'd be great.

This is where the NELUG members really play their part: finding a location and
setting it up. I think depending on the number of people, all we need is a
room with some table & chairs.

well, I have to go, but I'll be watching for more posts on the subject.

Ryan