 Local / United States / Indiana / 173 (-100)
  Re: ISD Build competition

On Tue, March 22, 2005 3:36 pm, Joe Greene said: (...) Saturday the 8th is bad. Maybe Saturday the 9th. In any case, I'd like to attend, but I'll be in Denmark that weekend. Steve (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: ISD Build competition

(...) Ok, They have decided to go ahead and go for it even with only 3 teams. That means we need 7-8 more builders! Come on Star Wars AFOLs! Let's rock this party!!! Anyone already in Indianapolis Area, I'll be receiving the practice set soon, so (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.starwars)

  Michiana-LTC to Display at ST. Joseph Valley Railroad Club Swap Meet - Sunday, March 20th, 2005

To All, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display a 10'x15' display at the upcoming St. Joseph Valley Railroad Club Swap Meet on Sunday, March 20th, 2005. Event Details: Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:00AM - 3:00PM EST Address: South Bend Elks (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd) !!

  Castle display @ Child & Parent Expo in Indy

Last weekend (Feb. 19-21) IndyLUG had a display at the Child & Parent Expo in Indianapolis at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. We had three sections to the layout: Town/train, Space and Castle. Most of our club's shows are train oriented, but this (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX) !!

  Robotics Competition

Hello, I am working with the events coordinator of Capricon 26 (Chicago, IL) (URL) to plan a robotic challenge event for the February 2006 convention. He has also asjked if I could help find a few people interested in providing a LEGO Robotics (...) (19 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug)

  Michiana-LUG - 2005 Kick-off Meeting - Saturday, January 29th, 2005

To All, A new year has started, and we are gathering, getting ready for the new year of LEGO related activities. Here are some details: When: Saturday, January 29th, 2004 Time: 1:00PM EST - ? Place: Scott Sanburn's House Address: 55752 Wild Game (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: GATS 8-9 jan, 2005, great model

(...) As Brian Darrow said, I took the photos at the GATS show, but I have no idea who made the MOC. I'm posting this to the IndyLUG newsgroup - hopefully whoever did it will claim his share of glory for creating it.. :) When I first saw it, I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  GATS 8-9 jan, 2005, great model

Sorry guys, I have been pacient, and waiting for someone to post about pictures from GATS 8-9 january, 2005, When browsing brickshelf, I found this gallery from GATS: (URL) to be more specific, I found this picture: (URL) would have replied to a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) Save A Lot is affiliated with Kroger ? interesting... I found this page which shows the various Kroger grocery store Banners by state. (URL) (who lives about 140 mi from the nearest Kroger) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

I bought the last one at the West Laf store which they gave me for $4.00 since they couldn't find two more. I thought that was very gracious of them. Every Walgreens I went to the clerks were super friendly, they must give out happy pills at the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) It sounds like I hit both stores between you two. With Walgreen's buy two, get one free, I didn't want to buy the last two on the west side, so I only bought one. And, with only one in the LAF store, I decided against getting it. How many did (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) I called both Krogers in Crawfordsville earlier tonight. Both said that they don't have any LEGOS. That's bad news, but I don't consider it a big loss after the red tubs I've bought at Toys R Us and the 4562's I've bought at Walgreens. I was (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: New 4400 tub at PayLess too?

(...) Hi David and Rick, I'll save you the trip to Kokomo. The Krogers there are LEGO-less and after talking to the manager they are going to remain that way. Same goes for the Krogers here in Lebanon, Noblesville and Carmel. The management in all (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  IndyLUG takes 2nd @ GATS Oct. 16-17

The Indianapolis LEGO Users Group participated in the Great American Train Show in Indianapolis on the weekend of October 16 & 17, and won second place. Some of the main attractions in the layout were: A HUGE mountain (URL) A big baseball diamond (...) (20 years ago, 30-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Michiana-LTC to Display at MHRS Railroad and Toy Show - Sunday, September 26th, 2004

To All, Michiana-LTC has been invited to partipate in the MHRS Railroad and Toy Show on Sunday, September 26th, 2004. We will be displaying a L-shaped 20x10 area, complete with 2 running loops of track, and a lot of neat creations from various (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org)

  Michiana-LUG - 1st Anniversary Meeting (Belated) - Saturday, August 7th, 2004

To All, It is hard to believe it is already been a year since Michiana-LUG was formed, and we are looking forward to many more! We are having a meeting at my house again, and here are the details: When: Saturday, August 7th, 2004 Time: 12:00PM CST (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug)

  LEGO BBQ - June 26 - Bring Your Own Bricks!

Everyone is invited to a LEGO barbecue next Saturday, June 26, at my house in Wheaton, IL. Bring your models bring some food, and have some fun. When: Saturday, June 26, 3:00 pm Where: Tim Courtney's House (email for directions) Bring: Everyone who (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, FTX)

  IndyLUG showing at 500 Kids Festival in Indianapolis

IndyLUG is exibiting a layout at the 500 Kids Festival on Saturday May 1 on Monument Circle in Indianapolis. The show is from 11 am - 3 pm. Admittance is free. We will be having a Town/Train layout with a replica of the Speedway, and a Moonbase (...) (20 years ago, 30-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, lugnet.town)

  Michiana-LUG Announcement - 1st Meeting of the Year - February 7th, 2004 @12:00PM

To All, Michiana-LUG ( (URL) ) will be having our second meeting coming up next weekend, here are the details: When: Saturday, February 7th, 2004 Time: 12:00PM - ? Place: Scott Sanburn's House Address: 55752 Wild Game Drive Osceola, IN 46561-9190 (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

The Indianapolis area LEGO Club (IndyLUG) once again set up a train layout at the Great American Train Show. As you can see from the picture below, IndyLUG won second place. (URL) Our layout wasn't much different from the one we set up for the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Michiana-LTC DIsplaying at the 1st Annual Midwest LEGO Train Show

To All, Michiana-LTC will be displaying at the first annual Midwest LEGO Train Show, at Cantigny Park, in Wheaton, Illinois. Location: Cantigny Park 1 South 151 Winfield Road Wheaton, Illinois 60187 It is located at Cantigny Park, it's website is (...) (20 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.trains.org) !

  MichLUG to display at 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show

MichLUG will be displaying at the 1st Annual Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL the weekend of December 6th & 7th, from 9am till 4pm. MichLUG will display a 5ft by 10ft Castle/Pirate layout as well as a 10ft by 15ft Train/Town layout. MichLTC's (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: multi club show offer

(...) crossposting to state groops since I forgot to do so earlyer. Also there is still plenty of space so if your interested in hanging out with people from at least 4 different clubs let me know. -->(roj2323@yahoo.com) ondrew p.s. I have a place (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  IndyLUG Great American Train Show Oct. 18,19

The Indianapolis GATS show. October 18, 19 2003 11:00am to 5:00pm, both days Indiana State Fair Grounds More show info: (URL) will be displaying among other things 3 running loops, 2 large bridges, countless buildings, Large mountains, roundhouse, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.trains)

  Announcing Michiana-LUG's First Meeting - September 13th, 2003

To All, I am happy to announce that Michiana-LUG will have its first meeting this Saturday, September 13th, 2003 at my house (a.k.a. LEGO Storage Facility or LSF) Here are the details: AGENDA: 1) Discuss upcoming GATS Show in Fort Wayne in November (...) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

  Announcing the formation of a new LEGO Users Group in Upper Indiana - Michiana-LUG!

To All, I'm proud to announce the formation of a new LEGO Users Group in the Michiana area (Located in the north central part of upper Indiana), aptly named Michiana-LUG. This club came into being formally in June, 2003, but has been talked about (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd) !

  Looking for Road Show volunteers

I'm looking for a few people local to the Chicago area (or in neighboring states willing to come out) to help with the LEGO Road Show display. NILTC was going to display, but unfortunately our tour dates were moved to a weekend where we had a very (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events)

  NILTC Show This Weekend - Cantigny Park in Winfield

Hey Everybody - Well, in my (excruciatingly) busy schedule, I accidentally neglected one of my duties -- announcing the next NILTC show. So, here goes: This weekend, the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club will be displaying at Cantigny Park in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: September 2002 IndyLUG meeting

(...) Which will be Sunday, October 13. All the meetings should be on the second Sunday of the month for the forseeable future (i.e., the rest of the year). Come again if you have, come for the first time if you haven't! -- TWS Garrison (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Lafayette IN, Ann Arbor MI, and Denver CO robotics clubs

(...) OK, Jona wrote and said it's LRGOAA for the Ann Arbor group. Still wondering about the Lafayette group. So the new group/lists (today/yesterday) are: lugnet.org.us.legotics (URL) lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa (URL) lugnet.org.us.hrmug (URL) also I've (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.co, lugnet.loc.us.va)

  NILTC to display at Train Collector's Association National Convention

The Northern Illinois LEGO® Train Club will display a 16'x16' layout, complete with two loops of running trains, rail yard with functional transfer table/engine shed and intermodal container system, Chicago-style architecture, a kids' play area, and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Lafayette (Indiana) Area Lego Robotics Club.

We're proud to announce the formation of the Lafayette Area Lego Robotics Club in Lafayette, Indiana. The Lafayette Area LEGO Robotics Club is a group of people who meet once a month to discuss and build Lego robots and related subjects. We hope to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Competition III News Release

Ivy Tech State College and the Evansville chapter 73 of The Society of Manufacturing Engineers announce the Student Robotics Challenge III titled 'Search and Destroy'. This event is a departure from the last two competitions that involved timed (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.in.eva, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Ivy Tech State College Evansville - Competition II

Ivy Tech State College - Southwest (located in Evansville, Indiana) is once again hosting a Lego Robotics Challenge for area high school and middle school students. The challenge will be held November 9, 2001 at the main campus building. For (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.eva, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events) !

  In Indy for the evening

Tragic circumstances to propose a fest but I am in Indy for the evening and have a car (I drove instead of flying, obviously) with NeverLost. Any interest in dinner or whatever? Call me on my cell AFTER 5 please as I am in a meeting till then, or (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Reminder - NILTC on Saturday!

Reminder - there's a Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club gathering tomorrow in Crystal Lake at Brian Williams' house. All are welcome - note his message at: (URL) you there!! -- Tim Courtney - tim@ldraw.org (URL) - Centralized LDraw Resources (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.trains.org)

  IndyLUG's First Meeting

IndyLUG (Indiana/Indianapolis Lego Users Group) will be having its first meeting on Saturday, September 15th at Steve Martin's house from 3pm - 6pm. Bring your Lego construction helmets and your favorite creations to show off. For directions to (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  NILTC - Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club

Hi everyone! I'm pleased to announce the formation of a rather infant LEGO train club, the Northern Illinois LTC. So far, we're only a handful of members, and right now half of that handful are pretty busy, but we wanted to get the ball rolling. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  IndyLUG.org Online!

The IndyLUG.org web site is now online: (URL) As we finalize meeting plans, I'll take care of updating the site. I also put in an official request to Lugnet to get an organization newsgroup...lugnet.o...s.indylug, I believe. Eric (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind)

  Re: Indianapolis, Indiana LUGgers?

Eric, Well, I live in South Bend, which is quite a drive for you, I am sure, and I belong to MichLUG, since there is not much in the north side of the state. Scott S. -- MichLUG Member, www.michlug.org Personal Page: www.geocities.com/~legoguy712 (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Indianapolis, Indiana LUGgers?

(...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Indianapolis, Indiana LUGgers?

I moved to Indianapolis a few months ago and was wondering if there are any other potential LUGgers in the area. Contact me via e-mail at eric@northcomp.com or post to this group. Eric (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.org)

  Reminder: Milwaukee Legofest Saturday

Hey everybody - Just a reminder that there's going to be a fest at Joel Kuester's house in Milwaukee on Saturday. Its starting around 4 and going till whenever. See his posts in loc.us.wi for directions. Hope to see you there! -Tim (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: building this weekend?

(...) I'll have to ask Scott again about his new address. Well, 90% of my bulk collection are in my two capitals, various freighters and my new food processor sub-capital since I will be displaying them for the sci-fi show at the end of June and (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: building this weekend?

(...) DEFINITELY!! He's what, Northern Indiana...what city? I've got a friend from school out that direction too, so that would work out nicely. I'm going to the Legofest at Joel Kuester's on the 26th, but some other weekend I'd be free (not the (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Adventure Girl

(...) A budding star! -Harvey (23 years ago, 24-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Adventure Girl

My 6 year old daughter and I have been collaborating on a minifig film and have created a preview page for the film on lugnet. You can view the preview page and watch our progress as my daughter learns about movie making at: (URL) are especially (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  New Site

I have created a new site as a reference for educators using RoboLab in the classroom. I would love to have some of you visit the site and provide feedback. At present we have only a few examples, but we are working on adding many more. The most (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.loc.us.in) !

  Robotics Competition - reg deadline 2/2/2001

At Ivy Tech State College, Evansville, Indiana ((URL) Society of Manufacturing Engineers will fund robotics kits at $250 a pop up to 32 teams, then host an April 13 competition where teams will vie with their “smart” creations in a (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.ky) !

  Legofest in the Chicago Western Suburbs

Ok everyone, it's time to do something about all this snow by ignoring it and doing something cool with Lego. So, Legofest! When: Saturday, January 13th 6pm (or so) until 10pm (or whenever we stop) Where: My house, which is in Downers Grove, IL. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest?

Since you posted in loc.us.mi i guess i would be interested, but the only weekends from now to the 16 are the weekends of the 7 and 13..... 7 is to early and for some michiganders the 12-13-14 are dedicated to a train show, and i dont think i can (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Chicago Legofest?

Hey everyone.. I'd like to have a little legofest sometime between now and the 16th of January when I fly back to Boston. Is anyone up for anything in the Chicago area? I have emailed a few people who I've talked to before about something, but (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest Photos

(...) I'll probably start LDrawing the fighter sometime this week... what do you think I should do with the colors? (...) Anyway, TTYL Jameson Robert Gagnepain (URL) #17714608 (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Ft Wayne get together

(...) Hmmmm... Fort Wayne isn't far from the michigan border....HMMMM.....And i live in michigan....hmmmm....I will keep you posted! The ALL AND POWERFUL RICK (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Ft Wayne get together

I will be up in Ft Wayne on business Oct. 12-15th and wondered if anyone wanted to get together. Matthew Greene (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest Photos

(...) No problem Tim, Sandys not mad(wink) (...) It's an airport with 20 gates (building at fest is just the rough beginning of one of the gates). Terminal will be made out of 3 century skyways and 2 international jetports. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest Photos

"Thomas Main" <main@appstate.edu> wrote in message news:3997FA20.39E91E...ate.edu... (...) Hehe :) A really hilarious thing - Brandon, Chris, Jameson and I are out behind the church after the fest talking. The building is so you can see the main (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Chicago Legofest Photos

(...) <snip> (...) Kinda gives a whole new meaning to "First Assembly of God" :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest Photos

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:Fz9sJM.IK0@lugnet.com... (...) Quick note I forgot to add... The chicagofest.jpg group shot, L-R is: Jameson Gagnepain, Zach Hanna, Chris Leach, Greg Howell, Tim Courtney (myself), Brandon (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Chicago Legofest Photos

Hey everybody!! Just had our Chicago Legofest today, and we had a blast!! In attendance were myself, Brandon Grifford, Jameson Gagnepain, Greg Howell, Jeff Rutt, Chris Leach, Chris's wife (my apologies, her name escapes me), and Zach Hanna. I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Chicago Legofest Update

Hey... Just got word that the event probably can't be held at Jameson's - so the backup plan is in effect. The event will be held next Sunday at my church, First Assembly of God, in Wheaton, IL. I'll give directions to those interested. Times for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: Chicago Legofest - UPDATE

(...) I am (...) parents (...) 10 (...) friend to (...) FF7 (...) PPL (...) have (...) me....Kamauzinama@aol.com That wouldn't be impossible for me, but improbable. And impossible probably for the people in WI. Chris Leach is planning on coming - (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: Chicago Legofest - UPDATE

Hello, i may be a little wierd, but can we have one in the michigan area? I am below a alone-driving-age in michigan so i cant go to Chicgo and my parents wont take me....could we have a uh...um....maybe a Lansing Legofest? or Detroit? Not (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Chicago Legofest - UPDATE

Good news! We have tentative use of Jameson Gagnepain's house on Sunday the 13th of August - located in St. Charles, IL, about an hour west of Chicago. That is conditional on his health and whether he gets back to work (even for an hour today) - so (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: Any news on a Great Lakes legofest??

From: "Greg Howell" <meowdammit99@hotmail.com> (...) Don't worry... (...) he (...) house. (...) Heh. (...) just (...) wa (...) Well, I proposed my house to my dad, who talked to my mom (my dad has no objection) but with my mom it flew over like a (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Re: Any news on a Great Lakes legofest??

(...) Tim, I feal as though I have failed us all :-( I discussed the possibility of holding a meeting with my freind Jeff, but he wasn't so keen on the idea. I even told him that I would help clean his house. (which would start with napalm, and go (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug)

  Any news on a Great Lakes legofest??

Hey... I'm posting cause there was talk about having a Legofest next weekend (the 12th) in northeastern IL which would be to include lower WI, MI, and IN. I'm wondering if anyone has information on this beacuse its getting down to the wire. Over 10 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.gmlug) !

  Re: Possible Get together Update

Ack! I'm on vacation during this time, and won't be able to make it. The Round Lake area would have worked pretty well for me, as I'm in Milwaukee...hopefully next time! I'm with you, Mike - when the Droid Developer Kit dropped in price, I was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) us (...) there (...) september) (...) Round Lake would be so cool. I live in Kenosha and work in Vernon Hills so that is like only an hour away from home and a half hour from work. I am in the process of moving right now so it is kinda tough (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) Ok, good idea. (...) Go for Saturday the 12th of August. I leave for school a couple weeks after that and won't be around for any more festing. This gives enough time to plan it, and gives me enough time after to finish packing... DO NOT do it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) An excellent idea! I didn't know you could do stuff like that with Lugnet. I'm still ather new at the whole Lugnet thing. perhaps August is the best time. Not only is the waiting short, but it keeps us all honest about commiting. I agree that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

Here's a followup: I just threw together a page on Lugnet for fest gathering info. As more info comes in, I'll help out by editing this page: (URL) this helps!! -Tim (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) COD is a GREAT idea. I don't know anything really there right now, except a few friends who attend. I've cc'ed one on this (non-AFOL) and hopefully he can find out some info. Depending on how many people we'll have, it might be better to do it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

Hey Tim, What about College of Dupage? Do you think they would give us a room? Aside from locating a meeting hall, what are the plans for this shindig? I think our first meeting should be a friendly get together where we can just meet, talk and (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

I'm interested. I'm in SE MI but make frequent trips to Central WI. -- (URL) Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:Fy6qqI.n4u@lugnet.com... (...) give (...) also (...) it (...) a (...) freak). (...) please (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) Hello, Once again, I am posting to say that I am interested in this meeting idea. My guess is that we could do it someones' basement since the follow-ups seem to number less than ten each time someone brings this idea up. I am more of a do-er (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

To All, Count me in if anything happens. I don't know if I will be in Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan, but wherever I end up, I will try to be there! Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) LEGO Parts at Great (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

(...) Tim you know that I've been talking a lot about doing a meeting like this. I live in Kenosha so I'm half way between Milwaukee and 90 minutes from you Tim. I was thinking that we need to get everyone to post about this to get a rough number (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Possible Get together Update

Mookie wrote in message <397BC88B.60500073@w...tt.net>... (...) Well, there's my church (Wheaton, IL) but the fellowship hall is a tile floor, and for Lego, that's pretty painful. If you're desparate, I can give it a whack (but there are also (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Joel: Indianapolis FAO

Hey Joel if you are out there drop me a line. We met at the FOA in Indy on Saturday Feb. 12. -Nick (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I live in St. Joseph and work in South Bend, IN. I noticed the previous posts in this group, but they were so old I didn't think any body browsed this group anymore. Bret (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Hey wow. I myself grew up in Elkhart -- I'm going there on vacation, starting today. Huh. Maybe it's a specially good area for Lego somehow. (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.sbd)

  possible lego club???

I am writing this as a little test to see just about how many people would be interested in attending an AFOL club in the MIlwaukee/Chicago area. If this club could actually work it would be geared more toward adults or older people like say 15-16 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  (canceled)

  Legofest Signup

All planning on attending the Chicago Legofest next Friday, please fill out and email your sign up sheets to me ASAP. I need an official head count to better plan the event. Here is a link to the signup: (URL) forget the Mindstorms competition at (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Legofest Signup - Missed Detail

Hello Again, After glancing the Legofest signup, I did not once mention the date of the event :) Friday December 3rd. -Tim (way to make an idiot out of myself) Courtney :) (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Mac and cheese is one thing when you get it in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest - Location Details and Sign Up Sheet

Hello All I've gotten enough responses to go ahead and put out directions and a sign up sheet for the Chicago Legofest. Please fill out this form and email it to me as soon as you can. There will be no charge for attending this event. The facility (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest

Well, I haven't received any responses to my post a few days ago, but I thought I'd let people know about newer developments in this possible event. I secured use of the atrium at Wheaton Academy for free on December 3rd from 5pm-9pm. We can have a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! I'll definitely come out for the Mindstorms convention, so a Legofest does sound in order. I could *try* to get my house for a *small* event on Friday or Saturday night (there's a Holiday Inn in the area, and John you have (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! There should at least be a plan for an informal get-together. Unfortunately, I can't be there. :(:( Camp Fire Boys & Girls have a standing event on the first Saturday in December--march in the local Christmas parade, and go (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199910...omm.com... (...) December 4 in Chicago at the Science Museum is a Mindstorms Robotics competition. Perhaps you could dovetail on it for a Legofest. Short timeframe to make it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) As of now, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in the event. I know it would *really* help if I knew how many people we were dealing with in GMLUG and especially how many live in Chicago. Chicago maniacs are not notorious for (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

Thanks Gary, I would like to join. If you people have any more info about this new Lego "club" please let me know. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & IG88888888 on AOL Gary Istok wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

I'm interested but can't commmit to a date at this time, too far in advance. (anything more than 3 days seems too far, these days) Plan around me and if I can, I will. As to the site, your school sounds great IF it is free. Almost any free site is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I'm not sure about the public. It would be nice to have an audience of a sort, but then again there wouldn't be such a hassle if it was just us GMLUGgers... Anyways, the Wheaton Public Library is probably not the right place for an event like (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Indianapolis Area LUG

Hello all. I'm wanting to start a lego club in Indianapolis area. Please contact me or Nick Goetz at the following addresses: Steve Martin smartin@anlt.com martinsa@hotmail.com Nick Goetz ngoetz@iquest.net (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Oops :) I was *really* tired when I wrote this one...heheh. I'm guesstimating at 15-20 people. It would rock if we had more - perhaps if we hold a fest the lurkers will come out of the woodwork :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Bumper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I really can't tell on either one of those. My guess would be we might have (...) Yeah, once we get a better idea of how many would be interested, lets go from there on a location. (...) December looks ok for me. The first weekend is out, but (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote in <4.2.0.58.1999092915...comm.com>: (...) Tim, how many people does it look like so far, and roughly when? I might be able to help find a spot, but depends on the number of people we'd have and how much space (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) And I thought that my 5 hour drive to Toronto for a minicon (mini convention) was bad... Charles (Fenton, MI) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact