 Local / United States / Georgia / 96
Re: Dragon*Con - Steve Jackson's Lego Pirate Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:17:44 GMT

In article <FqpCDv.I12@lugnet.com>, Franklin W. Cain <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote:
In order to improve my chances of accomplishing this,
I'd appreciate it if those of you who plan to be here
in Atlanta this July attending Dragon*Con
were to email the "boss" at Dragon*Con,
Mr. Ed Kramer ("edKramer@aol.com"),
and tell him that you'd *really* like for Steve
to be invited here, to run his Lego Pirate Game.

Since Steve Jackson would be considered a "dealer", it's possible that
even with his notoreity, he may not be an "invitable" sort; dealers
usually cover their own con fees, trave expenses, etc. Have you
checked with Mr. Kramer about this?

If this is the case, we need to be talking to Steve Jackson himself.
SJG usually has a booth at Dragon*Con (I've worked it before...), the
trick would be to convince him that he needs to come out instead of
the Convention Manager or just letting the booth be staffed by the
local MIB cell.

Also, if those of you planning on attanding Dragon*Con
would sound out (in "lugnet.loc.us.ga"),
we could coordinate a "micro-Lego-con" *within* Dragon*Con.
(And since I live here in Marietta, I'll have direct access
to my entire Lego collection, so we might be able to do
a little direct trading, if you're interested.)

That would be cool... what sorts of things do you envision for such a
gathering, aside from Steve Jackson's Pirate Game, if possible? I get
ideas of tables of MOCs, but not a whole lot else.

Actually, I have other ideas, but they require some planning. For
example, if we could get LEGO themselves in on the deal, we might be
able to get our hands on one of their display statues. With any sort
of a budget, a building contest would be cool-- and, I think, the simpler
the better. Take a dozen bulk buckets, scatter 'em out on a table, and
let people go at it. Leave the resulting models on display for voting,
and whoever gets the most ballots gets the pile of bulk buckets. :)

Big ideas, no time to implement them. I gotta finish up this degree. :)

-JDF [Oh, yeah. And I'll be at Dragon*Con this year, too.]
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <