 Local / United States / Colorado / 297
Re: Kind of quiet....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:13:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Duane Hess wrote:

   Just wondering if there is anyone active in the area. Things have been real quiet lately.

To get things rolling, who’s here and what are you into? (I know I’ve asked this before, but it’s been sooooo long) I’m Duane, live in Broomfield and collect Space, Star Wars and Trains.

Sorry to be replying to such an old thread, but it seems an appropriate way to introduce myself. I’m moving to Ft. Collins in a couple of weeks, and I’ll be looking for other ALEs to meet with. I’ve already pestered a few of you by email, by searching the archives of this group.

Anyway, my dark ages ended just a couple of years ago, when my first son started to get old enough for it. He’s almost 5 now, and I have a second son who’s 9 months old (and you can believe I’ll be buying a bucket or two of Quatro as soon as I get to our new house!). My older son and I love building with LEGO, and even my wife has gotten into it a bit -- we got her the Building Bonanza set for her birthday, and she quite enjoyed it. We’ve also been gradually building a town, including a pretty good collection of roadplates and vehicles, greenery, various small buildings, and a decent rendition of the Sears Tower. (We currently live in Chicago and my son is a big fan.) We’re also starting to get into trains.

For our new house, we’re going to have an area set aside for LEGO building and for the town display, which will cover two 5-foot folding tables. The tables are adjustable height, and I hope to do something more multi-level this time, with a small mountainside on one end, sloping down to a sea on the other (need a place for our pirate ship to hang out), and a subway train somewhere in between. We don’t really have enough bricks for that, so it’ll take a while, but we’ll get there. One of the things this hobby teaches my boys is patience. :)

So, that’s about it... I hope to meet some of you once we get settled in, and I’ll be happy to show off our LEGO creations, such as they are, and admire yours (which are no doubt much better).

Best,
– Joe