 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 76
Re: 6031 on sale at Newark Toys R Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, Mike Timm writes:
Hmm will have to scope out the TRU's for the polybags, thanks for the tip!
I *ABSOLUTLY* love the polybags, esp the castle ones :^)  I have many,many
Fright Knight poly bags bought on sale or clearance just waiting to be
"enlisted" into the army :^)   Too bad I never saw a Ninja ploybag around • here,
the smallest set was the Samurai Lord( its late and I forget the set #) which
also helps bring up the number of horses for the mounted corps :^)
Unfortunetly they will appear in smaller number than the polybaged sets would
have.

I don't think there exists such a thing as a Ninja polybag.  I would love to be
proved incorrect.

I have a Samurai Lord set.  At the $2.97 I bought them for, it's too expensive
for what you get.  But if they were discounted to say $1.49, I'd buy out half
the store's stock.  What would make this set really nifty is if it included the
horse's armor from the 3053 Emperor's Stronghold horse.  I believe that it's
called "barding"?  Anyways, including that armor instead of the normal blue one
would make the set a definite must-have.

The polybag I'm waiting on for a discount is the Adventurer's one.  It's the
green one with the hero guy on a raft, with a backpack and tools.  Those
backpacks look nifty, and it looks like I could use them in other themes, like
Castle.

- Dave