 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 79
Re: 6031 on sale at Newark Toys R Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 00:44:28 GMT

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:25:46 GMT, "David S. Wang" <dswang@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hmm, those backpacks are ok, that would be set to find cheap though.  The • horse
armor IS called "barding", if I EVER find an inexpensive set with it in, I • will
buy TONS.  I have bought many Samurai Lords mostly at 20% to 30% off, most
often at Kohl's as there are quite a few around here and Target doesn't have
thier general 20% sales anymore(the ones that across the board on everything),
they haven't a all LEGO 20% sale since before Mindstorms came out(I've • watched,
as there are MANY more Targets than Kohl's around here).  Clearance is an area
where Target has Kohl's and most others beat on tho, thier after X-mas
clearance are basically legendary, when its 50% or more off, poof, away it
goes!

Wow.  Thanks for the info.  I gues I'm lining up at Target.

I've NEVER seen clearance LEGO at Kohl's around here, and only
occasionally at TRU's and then it tends to be really lame(except in the case • of
some 6031's... :^)  I passed up the "opportunety" to purchase the Bat Lord • sets
at the same price as the Fright Force, 4 figs and a horse vs 1 fig and a
dragon? hmmm...  You already know the winner, AFAIK they still have them....

Where's Kohl's?  Never heard of them.  Does MacFrugal's sometimes have LEGO?  I
have one Bat Lord that I bought at $2.97, and then only because of the black
dragon.

- Dave
Well, I'm not from around there :^)   Kohl's is a Wisconsin based mid
priced discounter/departmnet store.  I'm from one of the  suburbs of
MPLS/St Paul in MN.  I started into this thread with thru the web
based interface and the recent posts feature.  So unfortunately I have
no idea if they have stores in your area :^(   We do not have
McFrugals around here so overall it probably evens out :^)  Watch the
Target ads around christmas day and thereafter for a bit, also you
wind up kinda having to haunt the Targets popping in and out looking
to see if it has started, if you have a buddy or three to help you
watch for the start of the good markdowns it helps.  it wouldn't be
necessary for them to be AFOL's,  the toys tend to hit markdowns at
the same time, so someone looking for say... dolls can see that the
toys are cheaper and can call you to let you know.  I have noticed
that it goes very quickly once it goes and the people that have
flexible jobs or no jobs have an advantage here, they can check and
wipe out the stocks before you even find out, so if there is something
you just have to have and its just on a small mark down, unless there
are many of them, you just might want to get it even though it is not
that cheap, otherwise you might not get it at all.  Just a thought.
Happy building.
Mike