Subject:
Hooray! Discussion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:15:38 GMT

  I'm glad to see some active discussion from folks on the topic
of a BA group. Please keep it up (and "Play nice. Don't fight! ;-).

  In the interest of keeping the discussion going, I'm not going to
weigh in with any opinions for a week or so, but I'll watch from the
sidelines. I'll occassionally offer some feedback in individual mail.
I just want to make sure that my opinion doesn't color someone elses.

  So, where are folks located? What City do you live in? (I'm trying
to get an idea of how we are distributed around the Bay.) Feel free
to reply directly to me, or to the group if you prefer. I don't need
street addresses (yet ;-).  I'll go first...I live in southern Fremont.

  As for websites and photos. I have a simple photo scanner that can
take up to 4" wide images, and make simple JPEG images, allowing some
color/contrast adjustments in the process. Since it makes the process
fairly easy (read: "less labor intensive than Photoshop"), I'm willing
to offer my services to group members without such resources...get your
photos to me, and I'll scan 'em, and put them on a directory on the new
website, and return the photos. Then we can deal with adding web pages
that tell viewers about the photos. (Since this will be volunteer work,
I get to set the timetable, and I reserve toe right to decline any
request at my own discretion. I don't expect to refuse anyone, but I
still reserve the right to choose. ;-)

  Any other ideas?  Any other volunteers (club officer, webmaster,
get-together organizer)?  Thanks to Fred Yokel for offering his
Graphic Design talents for future use! :-)

                   -Z-

http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/  my main page
http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/ZFSOne.html  the Firehouse
http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/ZRondDom.html  the Round House
http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/ZTrajnoj.html  my trains page
http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/ZSignal.html  LED signal circuit
http://jeffk.com/~zonker/lego/tables/building.html  table plans
        David K. Z. Harris    frenezulo@esperanto.org
"It's a good start, but I'm always looking for a few more LEGOs"