Re: Hooray! Discussion!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:00:59 GMT

Zonker Harris wrote:

  So, where are folks located? What City do you live in? (I'm trying
to get an idea of how we are distributed around the Bay.) Feel free
to reply directly to me, or to the group if you prefer. I don't need
street addresses (yet ;-).  I'll go first...I live in southern Fremont.

Sunnyvale.

  As for websites and photos. I have a simple photo scanner that can
take up to 4" wide images, and make simple JPEG images, allowing some
color/contrast adjustments in the process. Since it makes the process
fairly easy (read: "less labor intensive than Photoshop"), I'm willing
to offer my services to group members without such resources...get your
photos to me, and I'll scan 'em, and put them on a directory on the new
website, and return the photos. Then we can deal with adding web pages
that tell viewers about the photos. (Since this will be volunteer work,
I get to set the timetable, and I reserve toe right to decline any
request at my own discretion. I don't expect to refuse anyone, but I
still reserve the right to choose. ;-)

Ditto.  I have a flatbed scanner at work and home, and PaintShop Pro in
both locations, so can scan stuff for people.  Same rules as above apply.

NOTE, however, that living in/near Sillycon Valley, IF you have a computer
at home, there is really no excuse NOT to own a scanner.  Parallel port
ones cost $30-40 after rebate at stores around here, and you can ALWAYS
find one in that price range somewhere each week.  My home one was $30
after rebate, and works just fine.

I can help out on SIMPLE HTML design - haven't learned JavaScript yet.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/