Re: Name of Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 01:15:03 GMT

I did not go to the last get together, but I wanted to very badly, so
all of you don't know me from Adam, but here's my $.25..

I think either baylug.org or sfbaylug.org is perfect because:

1) they are intuitive urls;

2) "L" is for Lego, which is at the heart of what we do so it should
be included, just not overtly so that TLG does not feel threatened
(while Megablox pieces have been used by others, our focus is mainly
Lego): if TLG had a problem with their name being used in an acronym,
Todd
would have found out by now and would have had to change Lugnet's
name, and likewise PNLTC;

3) the term "User" can be applied to encompass both "builder" and
"collector" without alienating either: it is not too tech-ish anymore
(we're talking about Lego (who makes software) not quilting);

4) "Lug" also denotes a fastening nut, which seems appropriate for
building. (I consider myself a "fastening nut", akin to a lego-maniac :)

Send comments/flames this direction if you want, but I'm fire-proof on
this one baby! :)

-Tom McD.
radiotitan@yahoo.com