Re: Jan/Feb Meeting Dates & BricksWest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:53:12 GMT

Russell, et. al.,

What else do we need to bring as a club or individuals? I
assume Brickswest is not just a lego train meeting?

The train layout we are designing has nothing to do with BricksWest. I have told
the group all the details about BricksWest that I know so far.

I'll create double sets of whatever I end up bringing to LUGOLA next
weekend, and ship them up to you all for your next meeting,if you would like.

Is the WAMALUG Brickfest agenda still online someplace?

http://www.brickfest.com/2001/schedule2001.html

We should probably have an evening "business" meeting soon,
like in Nov., to discuss EXACTLY what is going to
BricksWest and who will bring it. I can likely volunteer
our pickup truck with shell, but will likely have to
transport my own stuff, and family in it as well.

Like I said on Saturday, there is absolutely nothing set in stone for BricksWest
yet in regard to specific club participation. Matt Gerber is going to the next
LUGOLA meeting, and I understand he plans on discussing BricksWest with them.
Since they are closer to LEGOLAND then we are, I believe they will be the "event
host" club.

Not at all! I really want BricksWest to be sponsored by all of the LUGs on
the West Coast! I need to talk to someone in your clubs about this ASAP
(sorry I'm dragging...it's been a busy time for me...). We currently REALLY
need someone to plan and organize our LEGOLAND California display for
train/town...if any of you folks want to volunteer for this, just drop me a
line!

PS I just saw your email about BrickFest attendees. So far, not a single person
is registered for BricksWest yet because no registration information is
available yet. So no, the number you found is not consistant.

We are hammering out the schedule for public consumption right now...look
for registration to open up sometime in the next couple of weeks. We will
announce here when we're ready!

Russell, I'll mail you seperately on things too.

Matt