Re: local shopping & 2001 LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:23:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Frank Filz writes:

I might like to stop at a couple places. I'd probably be most interested
in electronic surplus.

Okay,  here's a two-fer (maybe:  I just came across an announcement that Dennis
lost his lease,  so Alltronics may not be there anymore).

Shortly (< 1 mile) after getting onto 101 from 280,  you'll come to the Brokaw
Road interchange.  Exit,  and turn left at the bottom of the ramp.

In the block after you pass under the freeway,  you'll see Excess Solutions on
your right.  They have a couple of units in one of those "Silicon Valley garage
startup"-type buildings.  The only sign is on the wall of the building.

Keep going west on Brokaw for < a mile,  cross the railroad tracks,  and the
next light is Zanker.  Turn right,  go a long block,  and about 50 yards past
the traffic light is Alltronics (also on your right).  Similar arrangement to
Excess Solutions,  but the building is larger.

On your way back east along Brokaw to the freeway,  you'll pass Fry's
Electronics.  An interesting shopping experience,  but be warned that the
checkout line is likely to be huge on a Saturday this close to Christmas.  If
you're short on time,  they'll still be open on your way home (though the
others won't).

On a new note: now that people are reporting 2001 LEGO, has anyone seen
any at local WalMarts (especially 2001 Star Wars)?

I was at the one in Milpitas (which you'll see from the freeway on your way
tomorrow) this evening.  Nothing new.  Also nothing new at the K-Mart near your
hotel (A major annoyance,  with the BOGO sale on this week).  The TRU on
Blossom Hill may have some by now,  though,  and it's within 5 miles of you.

Ran